The specific ThinkPad T43 being reviewed here has the following specs:
IBM ThinkPad T43 Specs as Delivered
- Intel Pentium M 750 (1.86GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB)
- 14.0″ SXGA (1400 x 1050) display
- 60GB, 7200RPM Hard Drive
- 512MB DDR2 SDRAM
- CD-RW/DVD-RW (CD 24x Read, 16x Write) (DVD 3x Read, 2x Write)
- Standard 6-cell battery and optional 9-cell extended life battery
- Ports: 2 USB 2.0, 1 ExpressCard slot, 1 PCMCIA card slot, 56K Modem, Ethernet LAN port, PS2 port, headphone jack, microphone jack, parallel port, VGA out port
Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2
- ATI X300 Graphics Card with 64MB RAM
- Intel PRO/Wireless 2915 802.11 a/b/g internal wireless card
- Fingerprint scanner for security
T43 Datasheet (1.8MB): IBM T43 Datasheet
The latest ThinkPad thin-and-light T series notebook addition comes in the form of the T43. The ThinkPad brand has been built over many years now and has come to stand for high-quality, solidly built notebooks that are rugged in their matte black look, yet sleek and professional at the same time. Usability is second-to-none with the ThinkPad line and consumer oriented bells and whistles such as multicard readers or widescreen LCDs are shunned in favor of things such as adding keyboard lights, biometric security readers, hard-drive shock protection or other things that generally add to the usability, durability and security of a notebook.
Aside from the new fingerprint reader (optional), we find that the design for the T43 does not deviate from previous T4X models. Since the ThinkPad T43 is intended for and targeted at business buyers, continuing on this look is just perfect.
Important to note is that there is both a 15.0″ and 14.1″ screen configuration available, our T43 is the 14.1″. Settling for the smaller sized screen results in a smaller overall footprint, less weight and longer battery life and so is better for someone that desires to be more mobile.
Unless specifically noted, all warranties are provided by the manufacturer or the retailer of the respective products and services shown.